Emile Henry - Tagine
Thanks to the conical shape of the lid which allows the condensation to circulate and avoids the ingredients drying out during cooking, our tagine offers gentle simmering for your meat, fish and vegetables. Let yourself be tempted by simple, flavoursome recipes: chicken and lemon tagine, sea bass tagine or even a vegetarian tagine ... Let yourself go with your instincts, as the Moroccans do, and create your own recipes!
- Ø 27 x H 20 cm V= 2,0 L
- Ø 32 x H 23 cm V= 3,5 L
It can be used in the oven or microwave and on any direct heat source (with an induction disk for induction hobs). As with all Emile Henry products, the tagine is dishwasher safe and will not lose its colour over time.The word tajine refers to both the contents and the container. A tagine is a dish made from glazed clay, which has a lid like a pointed hat, allowing the steam to circulate inside. All recipes cooked in this type of dish are also called tagine.
We propose several here, but as Moroccan cooking leaves a lot to instinct, let your imagination guide you and create your own tagine!
Advantages of the « Flame® » line :
- All hobs: gas, electricity, halogen (except induction)
- All ovens: traditional and microwaves
- Keeps hot longer
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Soft and natural cooking
- Light, easy to handle
- Thermo-diffuser bottom
How to use your Flame dish and get best results
Our line of Flame products will enable you to creat slow, natural cooking thanks to the technical qualities of the Flame ceramic. For best results, follow the instructions below.
Before using for the first time
- Remove all stickers and labels on your tagine, using a solvent if necessary, then clean.
- Bring a little milk to the boil in a stewpot, pour it into the base of the tagine and leave to cool before cleaning.
During the preparation and cooking
- Emile Henry Flame® products can be used on all heat sources: gas, electricity, ceramic (halogen, radiant), and with an induction disk for induction hobs.
- Our Flame® products are also designed for use in a traditional or microwave oven (thanks to the absence of any metal).
- All items in the Flame® range can also be put in the freezer at a temperature of -20°C/0°F and are highly resistant to thermal shocks: you can thus take your stewpot directly from the freezer to the oven.
- Flame® products can also be used on the barbeque grill.
For best results
- The heat diffusion of our Flame® ceramic is such that high temperatures are rarely necessary. For natural cooking, always start on a low heat for the first 5 minutes and then increase the temperature if necessary.
- Always cook over a heat source adapted to the size of the base of your dish. A heat source which is too small or too large compared to your dish will not give best results.
- When cooking meat or simmering, the meat juice can caramelize in the bottom of the dish, which brings flavour to the finished recipe. Scrape the bottom of the dish with a wooden spoon in order to mix it into the sauce.
- Our highly resistant glaze enables you to use metallic utensils without any danger of scratching the dish.
- Thanks to the highly resistant glaze, our Flame® products allow you to cut and serve directly in the dish.
- We advise you to serve your Flame® dish directly on the table, as it will keep the heat for longer thanks to the refractory properties of our ceramic.
- Our Flame® products are designed to be cleaned in the dishwasher. In the case of any burnt-on food, fill the dish with a mixture of white vinegar and hot water and bring to the boil before cleaning.
- Our Flame® ceramic is very durable and will bring excellent culinary results. However, it can break if dropped or knocked violently. Be careful when manipulating your dish.
Our Flame ceramic guarantee
Our guarantee covers any production fault or quality problem with the product when used in a normal domestic environment and respecting the care and use instructions that you found on this page.
We also remind you that any variation in the finish of the item is due to the handwork carried out in our workshops and does not alter in any way the culinary qualities of your Emile Henry item.
The guarantee does not cover the consequences of any use other than indicated in the page. The guarantee exclude the following cases :
- No sauce or liquid in the dish when cooking meat or poultry.
- Adding cold liquid to a hot dish
- Oven temperature above 250°C