CHROMA Type 301 - P-529 Knifeset - Set of 3 - Hammered
CHROMA type 301 - P-529 Knifeset - Set of 3 - P-02HM Santoku knife - P-05HM Carving knife and P-09HM Paring knife - In high-quality gift packaging
- 1 x P-2HM Sandoku - Japanese classic: designed for cutting and slicing vegetables
- blade length: 17,8 cm / 7"
- 1 x P-05HM Carving Knife 19,3 cm - Indispensable for peeling, chopping and decorating. A must in every kitchen
- blade length: 17,8 cm / 7"
- 1 x P-09HM Paring Knife 7,7 cm - Little paring knife for peeling and cutting small vegetables.
- blade length: 7,7 cm / 3"
- Blade: Pure 301 Steel
- Cut: V-Cut
- Hardness: 59-60° HRC
- Handle: 18/10 stainless steel
Type 301 Knife - hammered - Design by F.A. Porsche
The most important advantages for professional chefs is the ergonomic handle and the extreme sharpness. The cnife is incredibly comfortable and safe in your hand. Based on a centuries old blacksmith technique, CHROMA introduces a new series of the very popular type 301 cnives with a classic, hammered style to the market. In addition to the extraordinary look of the cnife, its non-stick nature is a major advantage of the hammered technique. Particularly in comparison to conventional blades, this feature is clearly noticeable. Because of the hammered dots a small air cushion remains between the blade and the food you cut. The food easily falls away from the blade. The CHROMA type 301, Design by F.A. Porsche, cnives are popular with many Michelin star chefs.
CHROMA type 301 F.A.Porsche
The handle of the CHROMA type 301 - Design by F.A. Porsche is constructed of stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle - designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal "pearl" that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry
Please note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
- Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
- Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.
Ideally, the knife should be sharpened daily (for professional cooks) or about every six months (for hobby cooks), and by the same person each time. Each person has an individual angle at which he or she sharpens the knife. The blade of the knife becomes sharper each time it is sharpened in the same manner, by the same person. Read the instructions included with your whetstone carefully. Sharpening with a 301 whetstone is so simple that even beginners can quickly master the technique required.
Knives with a serrated blade, such as the bread and tomato knives, should only be sharpened by a certified professional.
We wish you much success and joy with you new knife.